Product Brand: New Threads Quilt Shop
Skill Level: 1
Get to Know Your Sewing Machine
Saturday, 17th February 2018
12:00 - 15:00Venue: New Threads, Unit 12
Skill Level: 1
Booking Cost: £3 (payable at time of booking, non-refundable)
Tuition Cost: £15
Class Requirements: Scroll down to see the list
No. of Places: 5
New to sewing? Do you have a new sewing machine? Or have you been given a machine without its manual and you'd like to know how to start? Come along and learn all the basics you need to make simple garments and craft projects using a sewing machine. In this class we'll learn to thread the machine, wind bobbins, attach feet, select stitches, choose the correct needle and adjust tension for perfect stitching. There will be an opportunity at the end to ask questions and to do a little problem solving with any queries you may have about your machine.
What to bring to class with you:
- Your sewing machine, foot pedal, power cord, manual
- (Your machine must be in good working order. Our tutors will not be able to take class time away from teaching sewing skills in order to fix your machine; if you are in any doubt about your machine, have it serviced before the class so that you will get the most benefit possible from this class)
- An extension cord
- All the feet that came with your machine
- Fabric requirements: off-cuts for practising stitches, cotton or cotton blend. A couple of fat quarters or a pillowcase is ideal. Please bring at least half a metre of cotton woven fabric.
- Gutermann natural cotton or Aurifil 40 weight cotton thread, colours to match your fabric
- A notebook & pen, also a camera or smartphone for taking pictures/videos
Other Customers Bought...
Aurifil 40 Cotton Thread - 2000 (Natural)
Aurifil 40 Cotton Thread - 2024 (Pure White)
Overlocker Technique Manual by Julia Hincks