Quilting Reservations - Book your quilt to be longarm quilted here on this page. Please note that the booking is non-refundable once booked, but the price of the booking will be DEDUCTED from the calculated price of your quilting, as per the chart below.
To book your quilt top in for our quilting services, please reserve your week using the drop down box provided. This £25 booking fee for the reservation is non-refundable as we will have reserved frame time for your quilt. Please ensure that your quilt top reaches us in good time before your reserved week.
In addition to booking your week here, you also need to telephone us and discuss the service you require. We will then quote you a clear price for your work.
|Price per Square Inch:||1.5p||2.5p||3p||4p||4.5p||5p-7p||5p-8p|
|Simple E2E||Dense E2E||B2B & Separate Border||
Ruler Work Only
|Custom Quilting - Ruler Work & Digitised Blocks||Custom Quilting-Ruler Work & FMQ|
Aurifil or Superior thread is included in our price. Wadding and backing fabric are not included. Wadding and backing fabric can be purchased from us or supplied by you.
Instructions for sending your quilt to us will be sent once you have booked.
All quilts must arrive by the Monday of the week specified in the booking and in most cases will be ready to collect on or before the Saturday, six days later. In most cases they will be ready earlier and you will be emailed when your quilt is ready to collect or have shipped back. In a very few instances unavoidable/unforeseen circumstances may occur, such as staff absence due to illness, and if that happens you will be kept clearly informed.
About our service: Your quilt be handled professionally by our award winning machine quilter, Meg Leach. Meg has been teaching and writing about machine quilting for over 30 years now. She has won multiple awards with her own pieces, at Festival of Quilts, Quilts UK and The European Quilt Championships. When you have reserved your frame-time week, Meg will contact you to discuss your quilting requirements, design choices, thread colours, etc. Your quilt will be handled with care and respect.
Your quilt: Your quilt top must be made from cotton fabric, seamed with 1/4" seams and must lie flat. The old adage 'It will come out in the quilting' is simply not true! If you deliver a flat quilt to us, you will receive a flat quilt back. If you deliver a puckered quilt top to us, well...
Delivering your quilt top:
- Please ensure that your quilt top and your backing are pressed, folded as lightly as possible (rolled if possible) and delivered to us with as few crease lines as possible.
- Your backing should be prepared (pre-washed if you wish) and must measure a minimum of 10 inches wider and longer than your quilt top, which gives us 5" all around for pinning to the frame. (Example: if your quilt top measures 65 x 80, please ensure that your backing is at least 75 x 90). If your backing is a bit bigger, please don't cut it off - the 10" is a minimum, not a maximum. We're happy with bigger as it gives us more stability when quilting near the edges of your quilt.
- We recommend our extra wide (108" wide) quilt backings so that there is no need for a seam on the back. However, if you are seaming standard width fabric for your backing, please discuss this with our quilter, as we do prefer a horizontal seam.
- Please do not baste your layers together. We will be loading each of your layers separately onto the machine.
- Only needle-punched wadding, please. We are happy to recommend wadding for your project, just ask.
T's & C's: Our undertaking to quilt your quilt will be confirmed once we have seen the quilt top and discussed it with you. In a very small number of cases, we may not feel that we can offer you the service that you might be expecting and we will discuss alternative options with you. In this very unlikely event, we will of course refund your deposit price to you.