Product Brand: New Threads Quilt Shop
Skill Level: 2
Know Your Overlocker/Serger Machine
Wednesday, 8th November 2017
12:00 - 15:00Venue: New Threads, Unit 12
Skill Level: 2
Booking Cost: £3 (payable at time of booking, non-refundable)
Tuition Cost: £15
Class Requirements: Scroll down to see the list
No. of Places: 5
New to sewing with an overlocker/serger? Do you have a new overlocker? Come along and learn all the basics you need to make simple garments and craft projects, serging your seams. In this class we'll learn to thread the machine, how to set it up for both 3-thread and 4-thread techniques, change stitch width, length and differential settings. You will also produce a gathered ruffle, a decorative rolled her and a picot edged sample. This class is suitable for absolute beginners. We will be covering all of the basics as well as learning a few straightforward specialist/decorative techniques.
PLEASE NOTE: NOT SUITABLE FOR BABYLOCK MACHINES. We are happy to teach on Janome, Bernina, Brother, Frister & Rossman and any other standard overlocker, but we will not accept bookings for Babylocks. Apologies for any inconvenience, but we cannot integrate Babylock tuition with any other makes so these machines are not suitable for classroom environments.
What to bring to class with you:
- Your overlocking machine, foot pedal, power cord, manual
- (Your machine must be in good working order. Our tutors will not be able to take class time away from teaching sewing skills in order to fix your machine; if you are in any doubt about your machine, have it serviced before the class so that you will get the most benefit possible from this class)
- An extension cord
- Class book: The Overlocker Technique Manual
- All the feet that came with your machine
- Fabric requirements: off-cuts for practising stitches, both Jersey and cotton, stretch and woven. Please bring at least half a metre of cotton woven fabric and also something very lightweight like a thin scarf or piece of chiffon or organza
- Four reels of Madeira Overlock or Gutermann Toldi-Lock overlocking thread
- One spool of rayon thread or a good quality cotton thread, solid or variegated. (For rolled hem.)
- A notebook & pen, also a camera or smartphone for taking pictures/videos
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!
Be the first to review this product
Other Customers Bought...
Aurifil 40 Cotton Thread - 2000 (Natural)
Aurifil 40 Cotton Thread - 2024 (Pure White)
Overlocker Technique Manual by Julia Hincks