Product Brand: New Threads
Block Builder's Class
Evening session - Thursday, 26th April, 2018
18:00-20:00Venue: New Threads Embroidery Shop, Unit 12
Booking Cost: £3 (payable at time of booking, non-refundable)
Tuition Cost: Free of Charge
Class Requirements: Scroll down to see the list
No. of Places: 8
Jump in anytime! This is an ongoing class series and you can come to as many or as few as you like. Don't worry if you miss a session, just jump back in when you're ready. All we ask if that you book first so that we know how many patterns to prepare.
We will be working this year on a cute applique wall hanging. Following on from our tutorial in January where we taught the basic principles of hand applique, we will now start our hanging. This month we will be preparing the background and adding the first pieces of the pattern.
What to bring to class with you:
- Please bring a basic sewing kit (thread, needle, sharp scissors, thimble)
- A sharp pencil
- A package of Reynolds Freezer Paper (available in the shop if you don't have any)
- A glue stick or liquid fabric glue (temporary)
- A spool of 80-weight Aurifil, colour to match your background fabric
- You will also need to bring a few bits of fabric - your choice of colours. We suggest 4-5 fat quarters or perhaps a bundle of coordinating prints, either from your scrap basket or available for purchase on the evening. Make sure you have some light/medium/dark contrast in your selection.
- A background piece of non-directional fabric measuring at least half a metre x full width of fabric (50cm x 112cm minimum)