Aurifil Mako 40 Cotton Thread - Colour 2024
Colour Description: White (Pure white)
4700 metre large cone - very economical, equivalent to 4.7 of our normal large spools of the same thread quality
Aurifil Cotton Mako 40 thread is one of the purest, smoothest extra long staple cotton threads available here in the UK and the most popular for machine quilting of the Aurifil cotton weights that we stock. Classed as a 40/2 (40 weight, 2 ply) thread, Aurifil 40 is made from the finest Egyptian long staple cotton and is mercerised for a wonderful sheen.
Aurifil 40 is ideal for hand piecing, machine piecing, machine quilting, longarm quilting, general bobbin fill, dressmaking, lacemaking and many general sewing uses. Like all Aurifil cottons, Aurifil 40 is a very smooth thread with very little lint and virtually no slub. It behaves extremely well through sewing machines and is easy to work with by hand. The colour is both light and wash fast. For patchwork piecing, we recommend a Schmetz Microtex 80 needle with this thread. For machine quilting we recommend a Schmetz Quilting 75 needle.
Why buy a cone?
Well, once you fall in love with this fabulous piecing/quilting/bobbin thread, it makes sense to save money by buying the larger cone.
- You won't run out for a long time!
- It costs less per metre on the 4700m cones
- We suggest winding 10 bobbins at a time with this thread, then stacking them ready for use -- it saves time when bobbins run out
- Aurifil 40 thread is suitable for piecing, quilting and general bobbin use, so you'll reach for it all the time when making patchwork quilts
- These large cones are perfect for longarm quilting machines
- Can be used easily with a cone holder on domestic sewing machines, or put it in a jam jar and run the thread up through your machine's normal threading mechanisms
- This white colour is ideal for white-on-white detailed quilting
(Please note: We are using professional digital images supplied by the Aurifil company. The colours are as closely reproduced as possible, but we cannot guarantee a precise match to the actual thread colours themselves. Colour images can vary between monitors and as such, colour images are for guideline purposes only. Please see above for our description of the colour itself. If you have any queries whatsoever about thread colour please ring us or send us a swatch to match. For optimum match, we do sell shade cards with real thread wraps of all 252 of the Aurifil cotton thread colours.)